As the economy reopens, recruiters are looking to hold onto the advantages of the digital hiring process they’ve experienced during 18 months of virtual hiring. They’re finding ways to use technology to maintain the human connection while making hiring faster and more efficient. You can get up to speed on digital hiring with this FAQ.
What is a digital hiring process?
Recruiters who hire digitally use technology to engage, screen, assess, interview, evaluate, and hire top candidates for open job requisitions. Digital hiring technology includes point solutions such as video interviewing and pre-hire assessments, as well as end-to-end predictive hiring platforms like Modern Hire. Recruiters also use technologies like social media, online job boards, and mobile-friendly careers sites to engage candidates in a digital hiring process.
Why is having a digital hiring process important?
With the current workforce shortage, digital hiring is a competitive advantage. It enables recruiters to connect with candidates more quickly and efficiently to identify and make job offers to qualified candidates faster. A recruiting team using digital hiring can interview, assess and make a job offer to candidates the same day, beating out employers who may take a week or two to reach the offer stage.
A digital hiring process is also important because it enables recruiting teams to hire remotely. Remote hiring keeps candidates and hiring teams safe and lets organizations reach beyond geographic boundaries for candidates – another advantage when candidates are in short supply.
What does a digital hiring workflow look like?
Digital hiring workflows can be job-specific. For instance, Modern Hire Hiring Blueprints recommend specific digital hiring workflows for more than 40 roles and hiring issues. These ready-to-implement hiring plans are built around scientifically validated, job-specific assessment and interview content. They leverage the tools in Modern Hire’s digital hiring software.
The Call Center Manager Hiring Blueprint is one example. It is a four-step hiring plan that enables recruiters to identify candidates who will succeed in this role by evaluating talent for the job’s core competencies, such as leads others, drives results, coaches and develops others, and solves problems. With this digital hiring workflow, recruiters can guide candidates through an efficient, effective process as they quickly zero in on candidates who will perform on the job and are likely to stay with the organization.
The building blocks of Hiring Blueprints, including text and phone screens, realistic job previews, online assessments, and live and on-demand digital interviews, can be configured to create the optimal digital hiring process and candidate experience for the role.
How can a digital process help organizations improve hiring performance?
A digital hiring platform can bring artificial intelligence (AI) and predictive analytics into the process. These technologies improve hiring performance by:
- Taking the guesswork out of hiring. Advanced pre-hire assessments use AI and predictive analytics to provide evidence of how candidates are likely to perform on the job. Recruiters can use this data to guide more informed hiring decisions.
- Automating the digital process. Automation for scheduling interviews and advancing qualified candidates from a text screen into an on-demand interview significantly improves recruiters’ efficiency and streamlines hiring for candidates. Recruiters can focus more on the most viable candidates and keep them engaged until they make the job offer.
- Reducing bias in hiring. Modern Hire’s Automated Interview Scoring uses AI to evaluate candidate responses and provide recruiters and hiring managers with recommended scores. Automated Interview Scoring has been proven to be over three times less biased than human interview scorers. It helps recruiters create a fair, complete, and objective digital hiring process, so they’re sure to advance the best talent.
What are the benefits of digital hiring for candidates?
In this era of online meetings, remote work, and social distancing, candidates expect digital hiring. A digital process can elevate hiring experiences for candidates by:
- Enabling candidates to participate remotely, at a time, and in a place that is convenient for them. This convenience, coupled with a streamlined, less time-consuming process, makes it easier for passive candidates to engage in the process to explore the position.
- Providing deeper insight into the employment experience. Realistic job previews, job simulations in pre-employment assessments, live interviews earlier in the process – all of these features of a digital hiring process help candidates get a candid look at the role and potential employer to make a more informed decision.
- Giving and asking for feedback. A digital hiring process can help ensure hiring is a two-way conversation by enabling recruiters to efficiently provide and ask for feedback. Dialog creates a more personal hiring experience for candidates and hiring teams too.
AI-enabled technologies are at the core of many digital hiring processes today. Like most powerful technologies, AI can deliver exceptional results and, sometimes, unintended outcomes. To understand more about the use of AI in digital hiring, download The Buyer’s Guide to AI-Driven Hiring.