The typical hiring process is fraught with complexity, inefficiency, and bias, and often shuts out the most talented candidates. Decoding Talent: How AI and Big Data Can Solve Your Company’s People Puzzle makes a case for using complex advanced technologies to move past these problems toward effortless, optimal candidate decisions.
Jim Livingston, Chief People Officer at Rock Central calls it, “A clear and powerful plan for how to leverage tech, data, and AI to finally and truly revolutionize HR and talent management.”
Decoding Talent stresses that using AI in hiring does not require human resource professionals to unlearn and relearn their craft, or to learn to code; rather, machine learning tools can easily complement their skills by consolidating and analyzing data to recommend actions.
Learn why AI experts Eric Sydell, Ph.D. (EVP, Innovation at Modern Hire), Mike Hudy, Ph.D. (Chief Science Officer at Modern Hire), and Michael Ashley believe:
- The traditional resume-based hiring process is out of date
- Hiring is so difficult
- The cost of bad people decisions will continue to rise
- Bias frequently interferes in hiring practices, and
- AI can address many of the most complex hiring problems
Incorporating scientifically based hiring can answer these questions and many others, benefiting both companies and candidates. Get your copy of Decoding Talent now!
Praise for Decoding Talent includes:
- “Decoding Talent takes a pragmatic and research-based look at how AI can better inform people decisions. While highlighting the power of data, the authors point out the importance of using quality data and the responsibilities decision makers have when using AI. This is a must-read before bringing AI into the talent space.”
—Seth Zimmer, PhD, assistant vice president of organizational assessment and development, AT&T
- “There are still so many inefficiencies and wasted effort in the hiring and talent management processes. The use of AI in people decisions is extremely powerful but fraught with challenges, many of which we cannot yet anticipate. Decoding Talent provides a blueprint for how to begin to understand and use this tool with a balanced, monitored approach and, in so doing, create more ethical, more productive hiring and world-changing talent management capabilities.”
—Jennifer Tracy, vice president of talent attraction and acquisition, Spectrum
- “This is a rare and valuable book that clearly explains the benefits, limitations, and social responsibility associated with using complex machine-learning algorithms to build workforces… Using illustrative examples that reflect the authors’ decades of real-world business experience, the book explains these tools in an accessible manner without oversimplifying how they work, underselling their value, or overpromising their potential. It should be basic reading for anyone exploring use of machine learning as way to improve hiring effectiveness.”
—Steven T. Hunt, Ph.D., SIOP Fellow and author of Hiring Success: The Art and Science of Staffing Assessment and Employee Selection