When people think about Video Interviewing, all sorts of misconceptions come to mind, such as Video Interviewing is the same as Video Conferencing or it is only suitable for volume recruitment. We felt it was time to address these misconceptions of Video Interviewing.
Which Misconceptions are Exposed?
- Video Interviewing is the same as Video Conferencing
- Video Interviewing is only suitable for volume or graduate recruitment
- The Video Interviewing process is cold and impersonal for candidates
- You need to be tech-savvy to use Video Interviewing
- Video Interviewing eliminates the opportunity to probe candidates
Based on Sonru Video Interviewing client interviews, candidate surveys, and user behavior on the Sonru Video Interviewing application, this eBook exposes the misconceptions of Video Interviewing. For example:
Over half of all video Interviews are completed outside office hours; the figure for live video conferencing is not even close.
Video Interviewing is not just for volume recruitment according to Anna Cook, Deputy Group Leader – Talent Acquisition at CERN, “The video interview stage is an integral part of the comprehensive recruitment process at CERN, and this applies to all roles, from administrative assistant and firefighters to engineers, technicians and up to Director level.”
93% of Sonru candidates would be happy to complete a video interview again, indicating that the process is not cold!
Less than 1% of Sonru Video Interviewing candidates require assistance, and indeed the remaining 99% can’t all be tech-savvy.
With every client reporting better quality candidates shortlisted from the Sonru Video Interview, the misconception of its inability to probe candidates are unfounded.
This eBook was created by Sonru Video Interviewing and includes contributions and research gathered from Sonru clients and candidates between 2011 to 2020.