This spotlight’s data derives from the findings from over 3,000 respondents in the USA who completed an optional survey between January 2017 and February 2019.
The Candidate Experience
- 99% found the software easy to use
- 96% satisfaction with the candidate experience
- 94% would complete a video interview again
Video Interview Completion Specifics
- 15% completed the video interview on a mobile device
- 86% finished the video interview at home
- 76% conducted their video interview in their native language
Other Key Findings from the USA
- 38% had completed an automated video interview in the past
- 72% had positive feelings toward the hiring company when they received the invitation, with a further 22% neutral
- 90% had confidence in how the technology worked
- 78% thought it is fairer to have more than one person assess their interviews, with a further 16% neutral
- ‘Choosing the time’ and ‘overall convenience’ emerged as the key benefits.
Candidate Feedback: The USA
“It makes me feel that they want to know the person both professionally and personally.”
“Very easy system to use. A lot easier than the other video interview program I have used before.”
“I think their embracing new technology bodes well for their overall philosophy.”
“A new experience, but I think it’s better than phone interviews.”
“Based on their questions, it seems they are interested in finding the right person along with the right personality fit.”
“Shows the effort by the company to learn about the candidate.”
Respondent Demographics: The USA
- 61% of respondents were under 35 years of age
- 57% Male and 43% Female
- Wide variety of roles, including Finance, Engineering/Science, Sales/Marketing/Retail, and Admin/HR.
This research spotlight was first published in the Sonru Video Interviewing library, which published contributions and research gathered from Sonru clients and candidates between 2010 and 2020.