This spotlight’s findings derive from an analysis of over 6,400 interview campaigns involving over 53,000 candidates completing video interviews for 69 Sonru clients within the UN/Government Agency sector between January 2019 and December 2019.
The findings from over 7,000 surveys, made available to all candidates completing automated video interviews in this sector between August 2018 and April 2020, are also presented.
The Average Completion Rate of interview campaigns within UN and Government Agencies is 91%
The Candidate Experience
- 96% found the software easy to use
- 92% satisfaction with the candidate experience
- 92% would complete a video interview again
Video Interview Completion Specifics
- 22% completed their video interview on a mobile device
- 87% completed their video interview at home
- 55% conducted their video interview in their native language
Other Key Findings from the UN and Government Agencies
- 20% of respondents had completed an automated video interview in the past
- 90% had positive feelings toward the hiring company when they received the invitation to complete the interview
- 60% thought the video interview allowed them to demonstrate their skills and experience.
- 91% felt sufficiently informed about what was required
- 69% said their opinion of the hiring company had improved as a result of the video interview
- 94% believe it is fairer to have more than one person assess the video interview
Candidate Feedback: UN and Government Agencies
“I’ve never done anything like before. Even if it doesn’t work out, I’m happy to have gained the experience.”
“It was a bit daunting at first; however, after completing the interview – it was awesome. “
“I believe it’s the future of interviewing and saving time for the company.”
“I appreciated the modernity, flexibility, and the whole process of interaction with the system.”
“It is a modern and environmentally friendly way of carrying our interviews.”
“Exciting. Good chance to tell about me and my skills relevant to the job.”
“It gives them an in-depth view of the person I am, not just what’s on paper.”
Respondent Demographics: UN and Government Agencies
- 46% of respondents were under 35 years of age, and 28% were over 45
- 45.1% Male, 54.6% Female and 0.3% Other
This research spotlight was first published in the Sonru Video Interviewing library, which published contributions and research from Sonru clients and candidates between 2010 and 2020.