This spotlight’s findings derive from an analysis of over 700 interview campaigns involving more than 9,000 candidates completing video interviews for over 20 Sonru clients in the Pharma/Health sector between January 2019 and December 2019.
The findings from over 1,300 surveys, made available to all candidates completing automated video interviews for clients in the Pharma/Health sector between August 2018 and March 2020, are also presented.
The Average Completion Rate of interview campaigns within the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare sector is 81%
The Candidate Experience
- 97% found the software easy to use
- 93% satisfaction with the candidate experience
- 90% would complete a video interview again
Video Interview Completion Specifics
- 27% completed their video interview on a mobile device
- 95% conducted their video interview at home
- 61% conducted their video interview in their native language
Other Key Findings from the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare sector
- 14% of respondents had completed an automated video interview in the past
- 72% had positive feelings toward the hiring company when they received the invitation to complete the interview, with a further 21% neutral
- 62% thought the video interview allowed them to demonstrate their skills and experience.
- 93% felt sufficiently informed about what was required
- 75% said their opinion of the hiring company had improved as a result of the video interview
- 78% believe it is fairer to have more than one person assess the video interview
Candidate Feedback: Pharmaceutical & Healthcare sector
“Its flexibility made it easy to factor the interview around existing work and personal commitments.”
“It was good to be able to complete the initial interview in the comfort of my home.”
“I think it’s great to have the opportunity to do it online as it cuts out much travel. In my case, it would have been 12 hours to get to the interview and three days off work. “
“This is a fair way of conducting interviews other than phone interviews.”
“I found this experience intriguing and useful. It is a helpful method of shortlisting the candidates.”
“I think this is an innovative tool for hiring, and I am impressed that the organization employs such a tool.”
“I think companies using video interviews are modern and innovative.”
Respondent Demographics: Pharmaceutical & Healthcare sector
- 53% of respondents were under 35 years of age, and 25% were over 45
- 30% Male and 70% Female
This research spotlight was first published in the Sonru Video Interviewing library, which published contributions and research from Sonru clients and candidates between 2010 and 2020.