Modern Hire is thrilled to be a Gold Partner for the 2022 SIOP Annual Conference. The SIOP Annual Conference is arguably the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology’s foremost event, and this year, we’re sending a large majority of our industrial-organizational science team to share Modern Hire’s research and learning. We’re participating in 18 presentations for practitioners and academics on topics such as recruiting trends, assessments and predictive analytics, diversity and inclusion in hiring and the workplace, trends in artificial intelligence, and advances in the I-O field. This year’s SIOP Conference will be held in person April 27-30, 2022, in Seattle, Washington, with a virtual component as well. Visit the 2022 SIOP Annual Conference Program Search page or check the list below to add our team’s presentations to your individual conference schedule.
In addition, be sure to come chat in booth #425 with authors Eric Sydell, Modern Hire Executive Vice President of Innovation, and Mike Hudy, Modern Hire Chief Science Officer about their new book, Decoding Talent: How AI and Big Data Can Solve Your Company’s People Puzzle. Written for HR practitioners, Decoding Talent offers research-based knowledge and strategies for leveraging data and AI to build diverse and successful workforces, while addressing the responsibilities of using AI. Eric and Mike are I-O psychologists who’ve dedicated their work to putting ethical AI and scientific methods into real-world practice for candidate selection and workforce building. Count on a thought-provoking discussion and some laughs!
Modern Hire will participate in these panel presentations at the 2022 SIOP Annual Conference:
Trends in Recruitment
- It’s an Employee’s Market: Re-Imagining Recruitment for Today and Tomorrow, Friday, April 29, 1:00PM Room 607
Assessments and Predictive Analytics
- Looking Under the Hood: Running Diagnostics for Your Selection Program, Thursday, April 28, 1:00PM Ballroom 6B
- Not Too Sexy for Selection: Practical Issues You Didn’t Discuss in Grad School, Friday, April 29, 9:00AM Room 608
- New Innovations and Advancements in Personality Assessment, Friday, April 29, 9:00 AM Ballroom 6C
- Multi-Objective Optimization 3.0: Addressing Adverse Impact in Personnel Selection, Friday, April 29, 2:30PM Room 608
- Automating is the Future: Improving Research Scalability with Predictive Modeling, Saturday, April 30, 9:30AM Room 607
Diversity and Inclusion in Hiring
- Underrepresented Minorities’ Well-Being and Challenges in a Virtual Environment, Thursday, April 28, 1:00PM Zoom 3
- Building Better Workplaces: Novel Approaches for Measuring Inclusion at Work, Friday, April 29, 8:00AM Zoom 4
Advances in I-O
- Invited: Be in the Know About I-O: Using Trend Data to Drive SIOP’s Strategic Goals, Thursday, April 28, 4:00PM Room 611
- Where’s our humanity? Designing IO solutions for real people, Friday, April 29, 4:00PM Room 618-619
Trends in AI
- Disclosing the Use of AI in Hiring: An Exploration of Applicant Reactions and Consent, Thursday, April 28, 8:00AM Exhibit Hall 4B
- Leveraging Data Science and Machine Learning to Enhance I-O Tools and Processes, Thursday, April 28, 9:00AM Zoom 4
- Work smarter not harder: Machine learning applications to solve research problems, Thursday, April 28, 2:30PM Room 618-619
- Friday Seminar: Practical Applications of Machine Learning in I-O, Friday, April 29, 8:00AM Room 616-617
- Modern Problems Require Modern Solutions: Applications of State-of-the-Art NLP, Friday, April 29, 10:30AM Room 606
- Friday Seminar: Building and Managing a Machine Learning Practice in Your Organization, Friday, April 29, 2:00PM Room 616-617
- Algorithmic Generalizability: Scoring Novel Prompts with Deep Learning, Friday, April 29, 2:30PM Exhibit Hall 4B
In addition, Modern Hire is presenting in the SIOP Pre-Conference Advanced Professional Development Course: Natural Language Processing that happens Tuesday, April 19, 10:00am to 1:00pm. You can find all of the details about the 2022 SIOP Annual Conference here. The 2022 SIOP Conference Committee has put together an outstanding program for our return to an in-person event.
We hope to see you at SIOP!