The use of video interviewing within the recruiting ecosystem has seen dramatic changes of late. The prevalence of YouTube, Facebook, and Skype has made video central to people’s lives. Now, globalization and mobile technology have boosted Talent Acquisition teams’ need to use video interviews as a screening tool instead of old fashioned phone interviews.
According to a recent Video Interviewing Usage Study by Sarah White & Associates, more than half of companies phone-screen 4 to 9 candidates for each open position, while 35% of organizations take more than 30 minutes per candidate to schedule a phone screen. That means you can lose up to 4.5 hours of your day to schedule phone interviews for one position. With an asynchronous video interview integrated into your Talent Acquisition Platform, you can schedule and screen your long list of candidates in mere minutes rather than hours. From an ROI perspective, it just makes sense.
Integrating video interviews with your hiring process provides numerous benefits for recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates:
- Better quality talent pipeline: Video interviews allow a robust and faster screening process, bringing higher caliber candidates for later round face-to-face interviews.
- Better candidate experience: It gives candidates the convenience to use mobile apps to record interviews when they want.
- More increased collaboration between hiring managers and recruiters: Teams can evaluate candidates together on their mobile devices or phones.
- Better hiring success metrics: Video interviewing reduces the cost and time-to-hire for every candidate.
- Higher recruiter productivity: See video interviews seamlessly integrated into your Talent Acquisition Platform as a step in the hiring process, and eliminate scheduling and coordination hassles.
Sonru and SmartRecruiters work harmoniously together, bringing the best features of asynchronous video interviewing to a seamlessly integrated platform. This SmartRecruiters Marketplace integration allows video interviews to be deployed in seconds, with just a click of a button! And you can browse a selection of 6 pre-defined strengths-based interview types tailored to evaluate candidates specifically for different job positions.
Are you interested in knowing how you can integrate video interviews into your hiring process? Check out the SmartRecruiters Marketplace, and allow your candidates to complete their interview at a time and location convenient for them, while you can get the right applicants in front of hiring managers sooner than it would be possible with traditional methods alone.
This article was created by Sonru Video Interviewing and includes contributions and research gathered from Sonru clients and candidates between 2011 to 2020.