What it takes to make a quality hire in today’s market has changed. Traditional hiring processes and slow timelines have gone out the window as talent pools have dried up and candidates have shown their preference for digital connection. Hiring higher quality employees boils down to your ability to drive faster, smarter hiring decisions. Get the tools you need to make it happen with an AI-enabled interviewing platform.
5 Ways To Use Tech for Smarter Hiring
Your organization depends on you to serve up candidates with high-performer, future-leader potential, and to protect against the lost time and cost of poor hires and low new-hire retention. You can tighten up your workflow to focus on higher quality employees with these tech-powered strategies:
- Identify quality candidates faster. Whether you’re in a peak-volume hiring situation or working to fill niche positions, it’s always an advantage to identify quality candidates faster. That allows you to direct more of your time to engaging high-potential candidates, and to start building relationships before they’re diverted by another opportunity. Use on-demand text, video and voice interviews to connect quickly with candidates and develop the information you need to decide who will advance. With on-demand interviewing, you can efficiently reach deeper into your candidate pool. Rate and tag candidates for immediate advancement or for save them for when a better-fit position opens up in your organization.
- Scale pre-hire assessments. If you’re already part of the 71% of companies using pre-hire assessments, consider the additional value you’d gain if they were easier to administer at scale. Some interviewing platforms combine validated pre-hire assessments with on-demand video interviews to scale this important step in the workflow quickly and efficiently. The integrated experience is convenient for candidates and generates additional data you can use to create your short list.
- Advance quality candidates faster. Speed has become the new standard by which much of hiring is measured. In some companies, speed even represents the ideal candidate experience. Interviewing platforms that feature an AI-enabled recruiting assistant help you increase speed-to-hire with automated advancement of qualified candidates. An assistant like Modern Hire’s Mira uses natural language to invite candidates who meet specific criteria to move directly into an on-demand voice or video interview based on their responses to a text interview. Quality candidates advance more quickly toward your short list and have less wait time between steps.
- Reduce unconscious bias in interviews. Unconscious bias is a well-documented interviewing challenge that often prevents organizations from advancing top candidates. With innovative technology, TA teams are reducing this risk and identifying high quality candidates for consideration. Modern Hire’s Unbiased Candidate Review masks candidate identifier information while hiring managers are reviewing their on-demand voice or video interview responses. By reducing unconscious bias, TA teams support quality hiring for a diverse workforce, a strategy proven to elevate the bottom line.
- Involve hiring managers early and often. You can leverage a hiring manager’s wealth of knowledge about the position and the team your new hire will join by collaborating more closely with that manager. Use an advanced interviewing platform to support better working relationships:
- Connect for intake meetings live conveniently and easily via video
- Forward top candidates’ recorded interviews responses to hiring managers for their efficient review from anywhere at any time
- Share the final slate with the entire hiring team by forwarding recorded on-demand interviews
- Bring specific hiring managers or the entire hiring team into live panel interviews with top candidates
- Talk live via video to make final hiring decisions
Getting hiring managers involved early and often using an interviewing solution can increase their confidence in hiring decisions as well as their satisfaction with your work.
An Ideal Candidate Experience Attracts Higher Quality Employees
Woven throughout all of these strategies is your ideal candidate experience. When you create a hiring experience that empowers candidates to see into your organization and understand how your values align with theirs, the ability to attract and engage high-quality candidates becomes a built-in strength of your workflow. Your performance against quality of hire metrics such as new-hire retention, speed to competency, and new employee and hiring manager satisfaction levels improves.
A single-solution interviewing technology showcases your employer brand with every candidate interaction and is flexible to workflows you design to create the right candidate experience for the role. And, it lets candidates easily connect with you on the device they prefer, whenever it works for them. With a modern, branded, high-tech candidate experience, you’re more likely to move higher quality talent from candidate to new hire to top-performing, loyal employee.
Like to learn more about the link between technology and higher quality employees? Download Getting a Handle on AI in Hiring for more on delivering a high-touch, personalized candidate experience with technology.