This spotlight’s findings derive from an analysis of over 4,200 interview campaigns involving over 60,000 candidates completing video interviews for 159 Sonru clients within the Engineering and Manufacturing sector between January 2019 and December 2019.
The findings from over 9,500 surveys, made available to all candidates completing automated video interviews for clients within the Engineering and Manufacturing sector between August 2018 and April 2020, are also presented.
The Average Completion Rate of interview campaigns within the Engineering & Manufacturing sector is 80%
The Candidate Experience
- 98% found the software easy to use
- 94% satisfaction with the candidate experience
- 93% would complete a video interview again
Video Interview Completion Specifics
- 30% completed their video interview on a mobile device
- 92% conducted their video interview at home
- 53% completed their video interview in their native language
Other Key Findings from the Engineering & Manufacturing sector
- 26% of respondents had completed an automated video interview in the past
- 93% had positive feelings toward the hiring company when they received the invitation to complete the interview
- 64% thought the video interview allowed them to demonstrate their skills and experience.
- 93% felt sufficiently informed about what was required
- 79% said their opinion of the hiring company had improved as a result of the video interview
- 90% believe it is fairer to have more than one person assess the video interview
Candidate Feedback: Engineering & Manufacturing sector
“A lot less nerve-wracking than a live video interview; I was impressed by it. “
“I believe this is a great way to learn more about a person without having a face to face interview.”
“The video interview was much easier than I was anticipating.”
“I liked it because of the flexibility it offers in terms of time and place of the interview. It is also convenient.”
“It helped me gain a better understanding of the company.”
“It allows the potential employee to showcase their personality traits and skills.”
Respondent Demographics: Engineering & Manufacturing sector
- 68% of respondents were under 35 years of age
- 60% Male, 39.5% Female and 0.3% Other
This research spotlight was first published in the Sonru Video Interviewing library, which published contributions and research from Sonru clients and candidates between 2010 and 2020.