Shaker, the market leader in engaging realistic job previews and custom simulations for pre-employment testing, today announced that it will present its thought leadership and recruiting and assessment expertise during the Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology?s 31st Annual Conference, SIOP 2016. The three-day event will take place at the Hilton Anaheim and Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA from Thursday, April 14 through Saturday, April 16, 2016.
?More and more employers today understand they need to adopt the tools and strategies that enable recruiters with evidence-based hiring technology,? said Joseph P. Murphy, Shaker?s executive vice president. ?We are excited to meet with SIOP 2016 attendees and present our ideas on how robust assessment technology and talent analytics can transform how they recruit, enrich the candidate experience, and boost their quality of hire.?
SIOP 2016 is designed to connect industrial and organizational psychology (I-O) professionals with opportunities to learn about the latest innovations and best practices to emerge in the field related to improving hiring and employee performance and retention. Shaker will play a prominent role at SIOP 2016, sharing its research and thought leadership in nine educational sessions:
- Innovative Selection Solutions (Thursday, April 14; 10:30 a.m.) ? In this panel discussion, Shaker?s Eric Sydell, vice president of Research and Innovation, and Christie Brodbeck, Virtual Job Tryout talent analytics scientist, will discuss online assessments and share recommendations for best practices, lessons learned, and future considerations for their use.
- Redefining State-of-the-Art: High Fidelity Simulations Best Practices (Thursday, April 14; 12:00 p.m.) ? Jared Ferrell, Shaker senior associate and Research and Innovation team lead, will share his expertise in a panel on simulations, discussing the development, implementation, and evaluation of high-fidelity simulations as an effective assessment methodology.
- Illustrations of Innovative Technology Applications to HR Processes (Thursday, April 14; 5:00 p.m.) ? Shaker?s Scott Goodman, vice president of Client Solutions, and Daly Vaughn, managing associate and Build team leader, will co-chair a symposium on how continued adoption of advanced technological capabilities create innovation for recruitment, selection, training, and project management. Shaker?s Michael Reeves, senior associate; Marisa Seeds, director; and Elizabeth Pears, I-O psychologist, will also participate, sharing case study examples.
- What You Need to Know About Simulations in Industry/Research (Friday, April 15; 8:00 a.m.) ? Sydell joins a panel discussion, in which he will share advice and best practices for designing and implementing simulations for selection, training, and development.
- The Art and Science of Successful Consulting Engagements (Friday, April 15; 9:00 a.m.) ? Michael Hudy, Shaker?s vice president of Selection Science, and Vaughn share their expertise on a panel discussing the nuances encountered during consultant-business partnerships and offer suggestions on how to strengthen relationships.
- Making Big Data Smart: Challenges in Measurement, Analysis and Validity (Friday, April 15; 1:30 p.m.) ? In this session, Sydell and Derek Mracek, analyst on Shaker?s Research and Innovation and Client Insights teams, will highlight techniques for leveraging big data to provide new insights and predict meaningful outcomes with greater precision for pivotal I-O questions.
- Going Mobile: Empirical Evidence from Higher-Fidelity Mobile Simulations (Friday, April 15; 5:00 p.m.) ? Ferrell, Hudy, and Reeves, along with Shaker?s Nikki Dudley, director, and Jacqueline Carpenter, senior associate, will share findings on higher-fidelity simulations adapted to mobile platforms, including equivalency results, validity, and applications reactions.
- Candidate Experience: Why It Matters and What You Can Do (Saturday, April 16; 10:30 a.m.) - In this panel discussion, Murphy will discuss the candidate experience and how Shaker contributes to a successful selection process and delivers technological advances to engage candidates like never before.
- Reexamining the Relationship Between Need for Cognition and Creativity (Saturday, April 16; 12:00 p.m.) ? Carter Gibson, an analyst for Shaker?s Client Insights team, will explore the need to balance cognition with quality, originality, and elegance of creative solutions across multiple domains of performance.
In addition to presenting these nine sessions, Shaker will exhibit its Virtual Job Tryout pre-employment assessment solutions during the event. Those interested in learning more about the company and its assessment technology are encouraged to visit Shaker at Booth No. 603 on the exhibition floor.
Shaker is also a Sustaining Partner of the SIOP 2016 conference and sponsor of the event?s annual Frank Landy 5K Fun Run, taking place Saturday, April 16 at 7:00 a.m.
Additional information about the 2016 SIOP Conference, including registration details, can be accessed at //www.siop.org/conferences/16con/default.aspx.