We all need temporary staff from time to time, but we require customers all the time. It’s vital to remember that a short-term hire can be a long-term customer, so here are seven personas you should bear in mind when it comes to your next seasonal recruitment campaign:
- You have to become a Scout. Ok, not really, but you have to borrow their motto and “Be Prepared.“
- You are not superhuman. If every other department needs extra staff to get them over the holiday season or particular spike inactivity, then stop kidding yourself and hire some temporary HR help to help you help them.
- You can become an Ambassador. Ok, so you won’t have to mingle in diplomatic circles or attend trade talks, but you can start an employee referral program to source pre-qualified talent.
- The dream of becoming a juggler is in sight! We’ll forget the balls and spinning plates and focus on those multitasking skills you have that ensure your screening process is streamlined with minimal wastage.
- You can be a Referee. There’s no need to blow a whistle, but you can ensure your selection process is consistent and fair. Make sure every applicant gets treated in the same way.
- Put on the teacher’s hat. No need for chalkboards or red marks, but when you’ve found your perfect seasonal hires, set them up for success with the training they need and deserve.
- Then last but by no means least, don’t forget your Maître D’ role in welcoming your recruits by providing them with the best onboarding experience they need to succeed.
This article was created by Sonru Video Interviewing and includes contributions and research gathered from Sonru clients and candidates between 2011 to 2020.